Refund Policy for Professional Services:
This policy will be created on a case-by-case basis based on the specific needs of the client.
Refund Policy for Private Services:
The general policy is listed below. Unique projects or requests will be addressed on a case-by-case basis.
- Solomon College requires 24 hours’ notice in order to book, cancel and reschedule appointments. The fee must be paid at the time of booking, and if insufficient notice is given for a cancellation or to reschedule, the fee will be kept by the school. However, if an appointment is cancelled 24 hours in advance, the client will receive a full refund. Those paying by credit card can book, cancel or reschedule over the phone. Those paying by cash or debit must visit the office in person.
Fees for programs are listed here. Select a link to the right for more information.
Refund Policy for Tutoring
Solomon College will refund the learners or their fund provider tutoring fees owing within thirty (30) days upon receiving an official notice of termination, such as through an email or letter. For learners who never attended or have withdrawn/terminated from their studies, please refer to the following information:
- 100% of the tutoring fees paid for learners who have been accepted, but never attended the training, less an administration/registration fee of $100.
- 80% of the remaining balance of tutoring fees paid if learner was withdrawn/terminated and an official notice of termination was received 3 weeks in advance.
- 70% of the remaining balance of tutoring fees paid if learner was withdrawn/terminated and an official notice of termination was received 2 weeks in advance.
- 60% of the remaining balance of tutoring fees paid if learner was withdrawn/terminated and an official notice of termination was received 1 week in advance.
- 50% of the remaining balance of tutoring fees paid if learner was withdrawn/terminated and an official notice of termination was received less than 1 week in advance.
Textbooks, classroom materials and parking fees are non-refundable once the training has started.
If you have a Visa or are a Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident or Landed Immigrant:
- The application fee is non-refundable.
- A maximum of 80% of the tuition fee is refundable up to and including five work day before the class begins. No refund will be given after this time. Students must come to the Solomon College Registration Office in person to fill out a program withdrawal form and to show their identification.
The Aviation Management & Pilot Training Diploma Program and Hospitality Diploma Program’s refund policy will be pursuant to The Private Vocational Training Act where:
- A student may receive a full refund, excluding the registration fee, if they terminate the program prior to beginning training.
- There is a cooling off period of 4 business days after signing the contract where the student may terminate the contract and receive a full refund.
- A student may receive a 75% tuition refund when they have received 10% or less of training.
- A student may receive a 40% tuition refund when they have received more than 10% but less than 50% of training.
- Students who have received more than 50% of training is not entitled to any refund of tuition.
- The Percentage of Training used to determine refunds will be accessed based on number of instruction days completed out of the entire two-year program commencing on the first day of class.
Percentage of training shall be determined by number of training days completed, commencing on the first day of the first academic semester and expressed as a percentage of the entire program duration.
Payment of all refunds shall be handled by Solomon College on behalf of both parties in accordance with the Private Vocational Training Act
21(1) Subject to subsection (2), a refund of a student’s tuition must be paid
(a) to the student, or
(b) in the case of a student who has an outstanding student loan in respect of the vocational training for which the refund is being provided, to the lender that made the student loan.
Section 22 AR 341/2003 PRIVATE VOCATIONAL TRAINING REGULATION 12
(2) If a licensee* receives payment of a student’s tuition from a government, agency or person other than the student, any refund of the student’s tuition must be paid to the government, agency or other person.
(3) If a licensee* is required to refund a registration fee or tuition, the refund must be paid not later than the earlier of the following: (a) 30 days from the day the student contract is terminated; (b) the time period specified in an order of the Director
*”Licensee” refers to Solomon College for the purpose of this document
No refunds will be provide for textbooks and other classroom materials.