About the Program
The Connections to Employment program is a 16 week integrated language and workplace training which includes 8 weeks of in-class training and 8 weeks paid work placement with employer partners. The program focuses on occupations within the retail industry: customer service, merchandiser, butcher and baker.
The four program components include:
- Workplace essential skills
- Occupational specific language
- Workplace safety (WHMIS & First aid)
- Work placement
The following documents are required:
- Complete application form and submit to Solomon College
- Permanent Resident ID
- Provide copy of CLB 4 Certificate of Completion or original CLBPT Client Profile from LARCC indicating CLB 4 in listening, speaking, reading, and writing
- Successfully pass interview for the connections to employment program*
*Interviews will be conducted a month before the start date
Once documents have been received and processed, and applicants have successfully passed the interview, Solomon College will provide a Letter of Acceptance to the Connections to Employment program.