The pursuit of flight is a dream common to many, but a career as a professional pilot seems like an impossible goal beyond the reach of gravity-bound individuals. Despite this common perception, becoming a pilot is easier and more accessible than most believe. Canada is one of the forerunners of pilot training with a large aviation community including over “60,000 pilots flying 30,000 aircraft from 2,000 airports and aerodromes” (Canadian Owners & Pilots Association (COPA) 2016).
Make your dream come true with our Aviation Management & Pilot Training Diploma Program. With pilot shortages worldwide, there has never been a better time to start your career in Aviation.
- Solomon College & Cooking Lake Aviation are collaborating to offer a 2-year Aviation Management & Pilot Training Diploma Program.
- This program will provide students with little or no aviation experience with all the training necessary to start a piloting career with both local and international aircraft operators.
- Graduates of the program will gain 200 hours of flight experience, and will receive an Aviation Diploma and a Transport Canada Commercial Pilot’s License with a Group 1 IFR and Multi-Engine Endorsement.
- The program will focus heavily on Glass Cockpit and Multi-Crew Operations, Crew-Resource Management (CRM) Skills, and the use of Safety Management Systems (SMS) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). These systems and skills are adapted by international airline operators across the world.
- Students will receive one-on-one training with Transport Canada licensed Flight Instructors following a Transport Canada approved curriculum.
- Flight training will utilize a Modern Fleet of Cessna C172SP Skyhawk and Piper PA-44 Seminole type aircraft with advanced G1000 & G500 avionics systems.
- Two intakes are available each year in September & January
- Our Tuition Fees include everything a student needs to obtain all of the required licenses & ratings. This means students don’t have to pay extra for things such as additional aircraft rental for time-building, Transport Canada Exam and Licensing fees, Application fees and Headset rentals. No surprises, no hidden fees. Everything you receive is the student’s to keep and take home including a David Clark Headset and iPad mini.
- Applicants must possess a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Applicants must be 17 years or older prior to starting classes.
- If applicants have not completed English 30-1, Math 30-1 and Physics 30, an entrance exam is required.
- All students must be able to obtain and hold a Category 1 Aviation Medical as assessed by a Canadian Civil Aviation Medical Examiner (CAME).
Tuition & Fees
- Tuition fees, including the cost of books, supplies, uniforms, licensing fees and other material fees will be $90,500 for the entire program.
- Tuition Fees include 200 hours of aircraft rental, fuel, and flight instructor costs. Academic courses, ground school, Transport Canada exam and licensing fees, Industry Canada exam fees, and Solomon College exam fees are also fully covered. Students will only have to pay for their Category 1 Medical out of pocket, as well as any exam re-takes that may be incurred.
- Supplies/Kit will provide students with all in-aircraft materials required, including Pilot Operating Handbooks, Navigation tools, Pilot Headset and iPad Mini with ForeFlight and AvCanada publications installed. All materials are for the students to keep.
- A registration fee of $500.00 will be collected once the student has been accepted into the program. On the first day of the first semester students shall pay $54,900 and on the first day of the second semester students shall pay $35,100.
See our refund policy
Applicants to this program may try to apply for student loans with Student Aid up to $45,000.00 (Subject to student’s situation).
How to Apply
Come to our office to apply for this program at Suite #228, 10621 – 100 Avenue.
For any enquiries about the program please call us at: (780) 431-1515 or through email: email@example.com