Solomon College’s Academic Division is fully accredited by Alberta Education. This means that high school credits are awarded by Alberta Education to students taking classes at Solomon College who achieve a mark of 50% or higher.
All senior high school courses can be taken for credit at Solomon College, except for courses such as home economics, career technologies or apprenticeship programs. Solomon College offers these courses during each of the four (4) semesters of the school year:
- English 10-1, 10-2, 20-1, 20-2
- English 30-1, 30-2
- Pure Mathematics 10, 20, 30
- Applied Mathematics 10, 20, 30
- Mathematics 31*
- Information Technology 1000
- Biology 20, 30
- Chemistry 20, 30
- Social Studies 10, 20, 30, 33
- Physics 20, 30
- Science 10
- Chinese 35*
The final marks for these courses are awarded by Solomon College. All other courses listed require that the student write an Alberta Education diploma examination. The final mark at Solomon College is blended (averaged) with the Alberta Education diploma final mark to determine the final mark. For more information on each course see Program Descriptions.
Solomon College’s school year consists of four sessions:
- Semester 1 — September to January, 83 days
- Semester 2 — February to June, 83 days
- Intersession — May and June, 32 days
- Summer session — July and August, 23 days
Hours of instruction vary. Semesters 1 and 2 require 125 hours of instruction per five credit course. During intersession and summer session, only 80 hours of instruction per five credit course is required. Instruction is scheduled for each weekday (Monday to Friday), except statutory holidays, from 9:00am to 6:00pm.
There are special advantages for students at Solomon College:
- Small classes
- Individual attention from instructors and staff
- Qualified, experienced instructors
- Friendly, pleasant instructional environment
- Opportunity to graduate from High School in a short period of time
- Solomon College meets immigration Canada’s student visa requirements
Contact us for information about schedules and fees.