Solomon College is a trusted educational provider delivering academic upgrading courses to enable students to pursue higher education and achieve their career aspirations. Whatever your personal goals may be, Solomon College can set you on the right path. Solomon College has been an accredited since 1996 to offer Alberta Education high school credit courses. With support from our highly qualified and experienced staff, we will work with you to achieve your academic goals, ensuring that you are well-prepared for any future endeavours you pursue!
- Permanent Residents, Canadian Citizens, or International Students
- Must have completed grade 9
- Must present report card from the last 2 years
- International Students must demonstrate language proficiency at IELTS (academic) 4.0 and above.
All senior high school courses can be taken for credit at Solomon College, except for courses such as home economics, career technologies or apprenticeship programs.
Solomon College offers these courses during each of the four (4) semesters of the school year:
- English 10-1, 10-2, 20-1, 20-2, 30-1, 30-2
- Pure Mathematics 10, 20, 30
- Applied Mathematics 10, 20, 30
- Mathematics 31*
- Information Technology 1000
- Biology 20, 30
- Chemistry 20, 30
- Social Studies 10, 20, 30, 33
- Physics 20, 30
- Science 10
- Chinese 35*
The final marks for these courses are awarded by Solomon College. All other courses listed require that the student write an Alberta Education diploma examination. The final mark at Solomon College is blended (averaged) with the Alberta Education diploma final mark to determine the final mark. For more information on each course see Program Descriptions.
Solomon College’s Academic Division is fully accredited by Alberta Education. This means that high school credits are awarded by Alberta Education to students taking classes at Solomon College who achieve a mark of 50% or higher.
Solomon College’s school year consists of four sessions:
- Semester 1 — September to January, 83 days
- Semester 2 — February to June, 83 days
- Intersession — May and June, 32 days
- Summer session — July and August, 23 days
Hours of instruction vary. Semesters 1 and 2 require 125 hours of instruction per five credit course. During intersession and summer session, only 80 hours of instruction per five credit course is required. Instruction is scheduled for each weekday (Monday to Friday), except statutory holidays, from 9:00am to 6:00pm.
Academic Upgrading Training
Edmonton, AB, T5J 0B3
Come to our office to apply for this program at Suite #228, 10621 – 100 Avenue.
For any enquiries about the program please call us at: (780) 431-1515 or through email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Students who wish to apply will need to pay a $500 registration fee in addition to tuition costs. The estimated tuition is $1500 per course*. Please call for more details.
*International students will need to apply for a minimum of two terms with at least three courses each term.
If you have a Visa or are a Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident or Landed Immigrant:
- The application fee is nonrefundable.
- A maximum of 80% of the tuition fee is refundable up to five business days before the class begins. No refund will be given after this time.
- Students wishing to withdraw their application must come in person to the Registration Office to fill out a program withdrawal form, and present their identification card.