LINC: Connections To Employment Program
Have you struggled to find work in Canada? If the answer is ‘YES!’, then let Solomon College’s Connections To Employment Program help you. This program is funded by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) and offered to Permanent residents and convention refugees. Our intensive employment focused program will prepare you with the workplace skills you need to attract Canadian employers. We will support you to acquire the safety certificates that Canadian industries are looking for, and we will work with you one-on-one to master the step-by-step process needed to search for and retain employment in Canada.
To be eligible for the Connections To Employment program, you must:
- Be one of the following:
- a Permanent Resident of Canada
- a Convention Refugee
- Ukrainians under the CUAET program
- Be at least 18 years old;
- Have a Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) of 4 or higher in listening, speaking, reading, and writing
You are not eligible for the Connections To Employment program if you are a:
- Canadian citizen
- Refugee claimant
- Temporary resident (such as foreign student, foreign worker or visitor)
Connections To Employment program
The Connections To Employment program is a 16-week integrated language and workplace training which includes in-class training, job coaching, and support to find employment.
The four program components include:
1. Skills for Success
The program will help you build skills for the workplace:
- Problem Solving
- Creativity and Innovation
2. Occupation-specific language
The program will teach you vocabulary and language for customer service and merchandising in work environments.
3. Workplace safety
The program will help you get certificates in WHMIS, and first aid.
4. Job coaching with support to find employment
The program will help you to write cover letters, resumes, apply for jobs online, and prepare you for phone and in-person interviews.
Monday to Friday 9:15 AM to 2:45 PM
Classes start every year
Connections To Employment Program
Solomon College 10621-100 Avenue Edmonton, AB, T5J 0B3
Please send the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Application form
- Permanent Resident Card
- Provide one of the following indicating CLB 4 or higher in listening, speaking, reading, and writing
- Copy of LINC Certificate of Completion
- Original CLBPT Client Profile from LARCC