Choose to further your education in Edmonton, AB
Edmonton is known as the City of Festivals. It has the longest stretch of unbroken green space in a city in North America. It is also known for its friendliness and small-town feel.
Edmonton is the capital city of the province of Alberta. As of 2022, it has a population of 1,519,000. West Edmonton Mall, North America’s largest mall, is found in Edmonton, and attracts thousands of tourists from around the globe.
- A multicultural community that is welcoming to international visitors
- An expanding metropolitan city with the world’s largest indoor shopping and entertainment complex
- Lower cost of living, as well as lower crime and pollution rates than Toronto or Vancouver
- Clean and safe neighbourhoods for homestay or independent living
- Efficient, safe and low-cost public transportation
- Prestigious post-secondary educational institutions such as the University of Alberta, as well as numerous colleges and technical schools
Below are some helpful links to learn more about Edmonton. Solomon College offers these links as resources and is not responsible for content found on them.
- City of Edmonton
- ETS – Edmonton Transit System. This link helps you get around using the bus or the city train!
- Festivals – Come here to learn all about the many festivals we have in Edmonton!
- Laws about Renting Apartments – Nervous about renting an apartment? The links on this page give you information about landlords, tenants, and renter rights.
- Apartments for Rent – Looking for an apartment? This is one popular site to use. Please use proper precautions when using this site. Kijiji has advice on how to safely use its site as well.
- Neighbourhoods in Edmonton – Use this link to find out where you would like to live, or to learn about where you already live! Each neighbourhood has a community league and often a community centre where you can get involved and meet your neighbours!
- Learn about Edmonton Community Leagues.
- Weather – A local weather channel with everything you need to know about the weather! Please come prepared for cold winters! This includes a heavy jacket, boots, gloves, scarf, a warm hat, and warm socks! Edmonton temperatures can sometimes dip below -30 degrees Celsius in the winter or average around 17 degrees Celsius in the summertime. Please bring appropriate clothing!
- Fun Activities to do in Edmonton.