Frequently Asked Questions

Here you can find some commonly asked questions about our school and programs. If you are unable to find the information you need here, please contact us via phone or email and we’ll be happy to help.

Are the teachers at Solomon College experienced?

The teachers at Solomon College are highly experienced and certified. Many of them have taught in the public education system for many years and they have been specially trained to teacher international students.

Are the programs offered at Solomon College recognized in Canada?

Our high school programs are recognized by the Alberta Government and other provinces in Canada.

Are the programs offered at Solomon College recognized by universities?

Our high school programs are recognized by all universities in Canada.

How many subjects do students need to complete in order to apply for university studies?

Students need to complete five grade 12 subjects to be able to apply for university studies. This normally takes about one to one and one-half (1-1.5) years to complete.

How much does it cost to live in Edmonton?

The cost of living in Edmonton is very low compared to other cities in Canada. Some of the typical expenses are as follows:

  • Accommodation and food approximately: CAD $1000 / month
  • A bus pass (for buses and underground trains) approximately CAD $94.25 / month (Effective Feb 1st, 2017)

Are International students allowed to work in Alberta?

International students in our Hospitality Program are allowed to work part-time (20 hours/ week) during the classroom portion of the program, and full-time during the co-op portion of the program.

 Are students required to wear uniforms in Solomon College?

Students enrolled in the Aviation Program will be required to wear a uniform for their training. All other students are not required to wear a uniform.


For all other questions, please contact us.