When students are closely connected with employers in the hospitality industry, they are able to build valuable workplace contacts for future employment. Therefore, the goal of this program is to integrate academic studies with work experience. The Co-op Work Program requires students to complete a work co-op for a minimum of a month to a maximum of one year. Visa students need to apply to work legally in Canada.
- The program consists of two components. The Academic Component requires students to complete nine courses in a classroom environment over nine months, as well as a Business Communication course. The Practicum Component is a maximum one-year paid or unpaid work placement which requires students to complete job interviews with hotels before they are placed. Afterwards, students return for another three months of study. The total duration of the program is 24 months.
- Completion of both components, Academic and Practicum, is required to obtain a diploma from Solomon College. In order to successfully complete the program, students must achieve a minimum of 70% on all 12 final exams (one exam per course), a passing grade in Business Communications, and receive a positive performance review from your supervisor at the end of your practicum. Students will also receive a certificate of completion for the AHLEI coursework once they have completed the Academic portion. Visa students will need to apply for a work permit to legally work in Canada before they begin the Practicum Component.
Applicants within Canada:
Students wishing to enroll in the Diploma in Hospitality Management program must pass Solomon College’s entrance assessment examination, and meet at least one of the following conditions:
1. An IELTS Academic score of 5.5 or above in speaking/listening/reading & writing; equivalencies accepted
2. Be a mature student aged 23 or above
- Applicants outside of Canada:
Students who are outside Canada must send their proof of English Competency (IELTs 5.5 for above) and a copy of their Education Certificate (High School/Post-Secondary or equivalent to the school. Once all documents are verified and registration fees are paid, Solomon College will issue an official letter of acceptance and instructions for the application of a study permit. Please check out our international student applications page for more info.
Credential Assessment and Recognition Standards:
Students wishing to enroll in the Diploma in Hospitality Management program must have:
1. A recognized high school diploma and;
2. An IELTS score of 5.5 or above in speaking/listening/reading & writing; equivalences accepted
- A $500.00 non-refundable registration fee is charged upon registration.
- A $3000.00 Textbooks and Materials Fee is due on orientation day.
- The first tuition payment of $6750.00 is due within the first two weeks of class.
- The second tuition payment of $6750.00 is due within the first 6 months of class.
- NSF cheque charge $35.00
See refund policy
Apply directly (to be added)