Based on the world-recognized curriculum of the Educational Institute of the American Hotel and Lodging Association (EI – AHLA), this program is designed to help new immigrants enter an exciting career in the hospitality industry in Canada. The essential Canadian content is included with support from the Alberta Hotel and Lodging Association. Students will attend Business Communication classes and become certified in CPR, WHMIS and Pro-Serve, and get a Criminal Record Check before embarking on their work co-op.
There is one intake for this program in September of each year. This ten-month program is organized around a two-hour Business Communication session and a three-hour hospitality modular course. Students will write an EI-AHLA course exam for each of the first eight months, and finish the program with a two-month work co-op in hospitality.
- Applicants within Canada:
Students wishing to enroll in the Diploma in Hospitality Management program must pass Solomon College’s entrance assessment examination, and meet at least one of the following conditions:
1. An IELTS Academic score of 5.5 or above in speaking/listening/reading & writing; equivalencies accepted
2. Be a mature student aged 23 or above
- Applicants outside of Canada:Students wishing to enroll in the Diploma in Hospitality Management program must have:
1. A recognized high school diploma and;
2. An IELTS score of 5.5 or above in speaking/listening/reading & writing; equivalences accepted
Credential Assessment and Recognition Standards:
Please contact the school directly for information on fees.
NSF cheque charge $35.00
See refund policy
Apply directly (to be added)