The Aviation Diploma Program’s refund policy will be pursuant to The Private Vocational Training Act where:
- A student may receive a full refund, excluding the registration fee if they terminate the program prior to beginning training
- There is a cooling off period of 4 business days after signing the contract where the student may terminate the contract and receive a full refund
- A student may receive a 75% tuition refund when they have received 10% or less of training
- A student may receive a 40% tuition refund when they have received more than 10% but less than 50% of training
- Students who have received more than 50% of training is not entitled to any refund of tuition
- The Percentage of Training used to determine refunds will be accessed based on number of instruction days completed out of the entire two year program commencing on the first day of class.
Percentage of training shall be determined by number of training days completed, commencing on the first day of the first academic semester and expressed as a percentage of the entire program duration.
Payment of all refunds shall be handled by Solomon College on behalf of both parties in accordance to the Private Vocational Training Act
21(1) Subject to subsection (2), a refund of a student’s tuition must be paid
(a) to the student, or
(b) in the case of a student who has an outstanding student loan in respect of the vocational training for which the refund is being provided, to the lender that made the student loan.
Section 22 AR 341/2003 PRIVATE VOCATIONAL TRAINING REGULATION 12
(2) If a *licensee receives payment of a student’s tuition from a government, agency or person other than the student, any refund of the student’s tuition must be paid to the government, agency or other person.
(3) If a *licensee is required to refund a registration fee or tuition, the refund must be paid not later than the earlier of the following: (a) 30 days from the day the student contract is terminated; (b) the time period specified in an order of the Director
*licensee refers to Solomon College for the purpose of this document
No refunds will be provide for textbooks and other classroom materials.