The pursuit of flight is a dream common to many, but a career as a professional pilot seems like an impossible goal beyond the reach of gravity-bound individuals. Despite this common perception, becoming a pilot is easier and more accessible than most believe. Canada is one of the forerunners of pilot training with a large aviation community including over “60,000 pilots flying 30,000 aircraft from 2,000 airports and aerodromes” (Canadian Owners & Pilots Association (COPA) 2016).
Make your dream come true with our Aviation Management & Pilot Training Diploma Program. With pilot shortages worldwide, there has never been a better time to start your career in Aviation.
- Solomon College & Cooking Lake Aviation are collaborating to offer the 2-year Aviation Management & Pilot Diploma Program.
- This program will provide students with little or no aviation experience with all the training necessary to start a piloting career with both local and international aircraft operators (including Cathay Pacific, Thai Airways and Air Canada Jazz).
- Graduates of the program will gain 200 hours of flight experience, and will receive a Diploma in Aviation and a Transport Canada Commercial Pilot’s License with a Group 1 IFR and Multi-Engine Endorsement.
- The program will focus heavily on Glass Cockpit and Multi-Crew Operations, Crew-Resource Management (CRM) Skills, and the use of Safety Management Systems (SMS) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). These systems and skills are adapted by international airline operators across the world.
- Students will receive one-on-one training with Transport Canada licensed Flight Instructors following a Transport Canada approved curriculum.
- Flight training will utilize a modern fleet Cessna C172S Skyhawk and Piper PA-44 Seminole type aircraft with advanced G1000 & G500 avionics systems.
- Two intakes are available each year in September & January
- Our Tuition Fees include everything a student needs to get all of the licenses, and by everything we mean students don't have to pay extra for things likes Extra aircraft rental for time-building, Transport Canada Exam and Licensing fees, Application fees, Headset rental. No surprises, no hidden fees. Everything you get is the student’s to keep and take home including the David Clark Headset and iPad mini
- Canadian applicants must possess a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Foreign students requiring a student visa must have a minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent and an English Language Benchmark of IELTS 5.5, TOEFL 71, CAEL 60, or CLB 6, but must enroll and complete the Aviation English Prep course.
- Foreign students requiring a student visa that have a High School Diploma or equivalent and an English Language Benchmark of IELTS 6.0, TOEFL 78, CAEL 65, CLB 7 or equivalent may enroll directly into the September or January Intakes.
- All students must be able to obtain and hold a Category 1 Aviation Medical as assessed by a Canadian Civil Aviation Medical Examiner (CAME).
- Tuition Fees, including the cost of books, uniforms, licensing fees and other material fees will be $88,000 for the entire program. Students shall pay $53,900 on the first day of the first semester and $33,600 on the first day of the second semester.
- Tuition Fees include 200 hours of aircraft rental, fuel, and flight instructor costs. Academic courses, ground school, Transport Canada exam and licensing fees, Industry Canada exam fees, and Solomon College exam fees are also fully covered. Students will only have to pay for their Category 1 Medical out of pocket, as well as any exam re-takes that may be incurred.
- Supplies/Kit will provide students with all in-aircraft materials required, including Pilot Operating Handbooks, Navigation tools, Pilot Headset and iPad Mini with ForeFlight and AvCanada publications installed. All materials are for the students to keep.
- A $500 registration fee (non-refundable) and a $500 Textbook deposit (refundable) will be collected when the student enrolls into the program.
See our refund policy
Apply directly (to be added)